Lech Stempniewicz | Photo galery |
Professor, head of Dept. of Vertebrate Ecology & Zoology,
Faculty of Biology, University of Gdańsk.
- 1972: M.Sc. Biology, Nicolai Copernici University (Toruń).
- 1978: Ph.D. at the University of Gdańsk (Gdańsk).
- 1991: habilitation at the University of Gdańsk (Gdańsk).
- 2000: professor
- Arctic and Antarctic seabird breeding biology ecology and beahaviour
- Feeding relationships in marine, freshwater and terrestrial ecosystems
- Ecosystem functioning
National and international research projects:
- 6projects (leader) funded by Polish Scientific Committee
- CSATE - IPY Project (2008-9)
- AUK - IPY Project (2008-9)
- ALKEKONGE – Polish-Norwegian Project (2007-2010)
- 1984: stay at the Aberdeen University, UK
- 1987: stay at the Oxford University, UK
- 1974-2005: 12 Arctic and subarctic research expeditions (Spitsbergen, Bear Island, Franz Joseph Land, Bleik -NW Norway, Faeroe Islands)
- 2006/7: King George Island (Antarctica)